Fall Meetings/Exhibitions of the North Carolina Surface Design Association. Come out and support our members.
October 6, Artspace, Raleigh, NC
- We will meet this next weekend in Raleigh, October 6th at Artspace (http://artspacenc.org/) to see what NC-SDA member Mary Kircher has been completing as one of Artspace’ Regional Emerging Artist-in-Residence. We will meet at 10am in Mary’s Studio #107. Bring new work to share and inspire then we can view Artspace’s new and current exhibitions. Artspace is located at 201 E. Davie Street in Raleigh. Their phone number is 919-821-2787.)
- We will have an enjoyable time visiting and planning for future meetings. If you have ideas for meeting space and exhibition opportunities, let us know.
October 27, Canton, NC
- We will meet in Canton at the Imperial Hotel (117 Main Street) with the American Sewing Guild (ASG) at 11 a.m. While in the area, we will drop in at the Blue Ridge Fiber Show at the NC Arboretum and the Southeastern Animal Fiber Fair (http://www.saffsite.org/). NC SDA member Eileen Hallman will be teaching at SAFF
NC-SDA members art openings:
Fabulous Fibers: A Fashion and Fiber Faire, SaxArt (http://www.saxapahawartists.com/), Saxapahaw, NC. The reception is October 7th from 2 – 5 p.m. SaxArts has a great Saturday morning’s “Coffee with Artist Series.” These artist series start at 9:30 a.m. and finish around 11 a.m.
- October 6th features Suzanne Connors, “Silk Painting, Art on Fabric”
- October 13th features Esther Rogers, “Textile Couture – wearable textile art”
- October 20th features Christie Minchew, “Needle Felting”
- October 27th features Nancy Raasch, “Fiber Inspired Jewelry”
October 26th, Gallery Reception, 5 p.m. – 7 p.m. Barton Art Galleries, Wilson, NC
- Barton Art Faculty, Barton Art Galleries (http://www.barton.edu/galleries/),Wilson, NC. The reception is October 26th from 5 p.m. – 7 p.m. Susan Fecho’s will have new textile works featured during the exhibition that extends from October 1 – November 1.
Surface Design Association has a “Members Only Group” on facebook. Visit regularly to know more about exhibitions, meetings – to even equipment for sale. Be sure to add updates to our on-going community effort to support each other. http://www.facebook.com/groups/256626061018663/
Thank you for supporting the Surface Design Association – Send me your news for posting and sharing.